Google+

Monday 24 February 2014

When Students aren't motivated in class

During this course I have seen how students became less and less interested in the subject, independently which was the topic we were speaking. At first I thougt it could be by topics or part of the year ( I mean students don't behave the same way in function of month or week day ) but ,now, I know there are another problems.
I have always said ( and listened ) that one of the most important part of the education are teachers and, therefore, I 'm worried about that so I could be the problem. Otherwise, I have tried to change the assessments , the way to teach, types of exercise..but I haven't found one solution yet.
I 've talked with my colleagues and They have the same problem and we only are in the middle of the course...
I have to make a decision in some hours and I've been thinking that while I don't find the magic key I 'm going to do students work more than now and collect their activities at the end of unit or week.
I 've tried to motivate students, to show the part more interesting of history, to change types of doing class..but I have not had any good result.
As result of this I am a bit worried but I believe in goals and, now, my main goal is to achieve students work better and , at least, pass the subject.
If I haven't been able to motivate students I must change my strategies.
Finally, I demmand colleagues who could help me in this situation.

See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment